The ITIL Foundation Certificate Workshop is based on the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
ITIL, the Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is the most widely accepted IT-process management framework in the world. It has been accepted as the standard for managing IT organisations. ITIL describes the processes required for managing an IT infrastructure efficiently and effectively in order to guarantee the service levels agreed upon by the IT organisation and its customers.
This workshop is specifically designed for IT practitioners wanting to gain knowledge and accreditation in IT Service Management Best Practice. Participants will learn the essential concepts of ITIL and be equipped with the knowledge to confidently apply its underlying principles.
Core Lifecycle Stages
This course is based upon the 5 Lifecycle publications which are the core of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Each Lifecycle outlines the processes and roles required to manage that Lifecycle. These are:
- The Service Strategy Lifecycle ensuring that the direction of the IT organisation is consistent with that of its customers
- The Service Design Lifecycle Designing services which best meet the needs of the customer
- The Service Transition Lifecycle “ transitioning new services into the live environment
- The Service Operation Lifecycle Managing the day to day operations
- The Continual Service Improvement Lifecycle ensuring the ongoing quality and relevance of the services
This course will boost the following roles
This workshop has been designed for all levels of staff within an IT Service Delivery Organisation:
- IT Managers
- Support Team Leaders
- Service Desk Supervisors
- Change Managers
- Service Level Managers
- Operations Managers
- Problem Managers